FInal Post Reflection

I had no expectation when I signed up for this class and I didn't know what to expect when taking this class. In terms of the course load and the professor who was teaching it. The first day of class it seemed like a class that I would like. It seemed like it was interesting  the and professor didn't seem boring which is always a plus. This class in retrospect did teach me many things about organizations that I didn't know before. I think what helped the most in my learning experience was the prelecture quizzes and these blog posts. The prelecture quizzes helped because they made me look in-depth at the slides and that was how I was able to answer the questions, and they made you look in-depth into the slides because it wasn't just straight definitions, but rather sometimes applying what was on the slides to the quiz. This was used in the first half of the semester then they stopped halfway through, I forgot the reasoning to it but it was abandoned, which I think actually helped. 

Secondly I think the most impactful part that was required from this class were these blog post. I think they really made me look back at past experience or at least breakdown examples in more depth that related to many things that we learned in class. The only thing about this was there was some times that that class schedule was confusing so I am not really sure if i missed any blog post, and also I didn't know anything about having to comment on the blog post, and I lost many points. I guess this is my fault, but I remember many of my classmates were also confused on this. Overall I liked the blog post, this for me was my favorite aspect from this class. I also think that the comments from the professor made me think about my post, it acted as the buffer for the conversation to keep going or to even think about your post more thoroughly.

I think that the fact the attendance wasn't mandatory was fine. I think it does take the pressure of having to make the class every time, because don't get me wrong I did have to miss some classes because I was busy or because I was too tired because I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Its nice not having to worry about your grade because of attendance. I personally tried to go to as many classes as I could. My mindset is, I might as well go because no one is going to push me to go. I feel better about myself, but everyone is different and reacted different to this policy. The only thing is that some times it would close off the conversation in class because there would only be about 10 kids max in class towards the end of the semester. I feel like the conversations that we had in class were better at the beginning of the semester because there were more people in class. 

One critique that I do have about this class is that the excel home-works were difficult at times, and very nit-picky when it would come the equations that needed to be used. This made the homework at times frustrating and if the answer was incorrect then you were unable to turn it in regardless. You had to get a 100 every time if not you couldn't even turn it in for partial credit. I think once or twice I was unable to turn in the homework because I couldn't get 1 of the answers correct and I still wanted to turn in what I had because I had the rest done but you couldn't. So in retrospect this class had its ups and downs like any class does, but I appreciate the fact that you tried to get feedback from students and try to improve the course. 

Comments

  1. Somehow, I missed this post when you submitted it. So I'm only commenting on it now. I'm glad you liked the blogging. The nitpicking on the Excel may be its own lesson (though I didn't design it that way). Sometimes you have to accommodate the situation rather than vice versa. In this case, I wonder when you initiated the homework and if you left in a buffer time, for issues such as this. There is the related issue of checking your work and finding your error, even if it was a minor one. It's an important skill that goes way beyond the Excel homework. Regarding the 100% to get credit, that is part and parcel with the error checking idea.

    Among the students who were present, you were one of the more forthcoming ones. So I enjoyed having you in class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts